As a small business owner or professional digital marketer, one of the most challenging aspects of social media marketing can be filling up the optimal posting times on multiple social profiles with quality curated content to augment your own or your clients’ content marketing campaigns.
Social Media Influence
By now, most business owners and marketers are at least passingly familiar with the concept of social influence – leveraging the social following of an individual or brand to increase the reach of a social campaign.
Social influencer campaigns have the potential to dramatically impact a businesses profit margins and product launch ROI.
However, acquiring a social influencer with followers relevant to your target market can be difficult.The simplest solution and, long term, the most profitable is to develop the influence of your brand.Click To Tweet
Build Your Brand’s Influence
For marketing agencies and large businesses, especially organizations with recognizable brand names, building social influence is typically just a matter of creating and sharing engaging content to their established following.
For smaller businesses, or marketers working for companies with tight marketing budgets, building the trust and authority required to grow influencer status is a lengthy, but rewarding process.
Build Influence With Minimal Content
Establishing social media influence in your businesses primary niche requires several factors:
- Quality content sharing during time frames when a significant portion of your follower base is active on a particular platform.
- Content optimized per platform (high-quality images, audio, and video, trending and relevant hashtags, appropriate use of text length, etc.).
- Content pertinent and adequate to the social platform, i.e., what works on Facebook isn’t necessarily ideal or appropriate for LinkedIn.
- Curate favor and dialogue with your most active followers to increase the measurable reach of your campaign through second and third tier social sharing.
The most immediate issue for both marketers and businesses is time.
- Time to research your business’s most ideal following – commonly referred to as ‘buyer persona’s’.
- Time to engage and nurture relationships with those followers and other influencers in your company niche – commonly known as ‘outreach.’
- Time to create truly epic content that leaves your competitions repetitive, generic, ‘5 Benefits of _____’ blog posts in the dust.
- Time to curate additional relevant content to fill gaps in your current content campaigns.
- Time to research and establish optimal posting times based on fluctuating follower activity for all relevant social platforms.
- Time to analyze and refine campaigns based on available data.
Obviously, that kind of time investment is going to cost money somewhere.
Either you’re a business owner carving out time to develop and execute the process yourself, or you’re paying someone else to do it for you, which can be very expensive.
It is not the aim of this article to address a businesses time and financial burden concerning content creation.
The intent is to establish an automated process of content curation and sharing to augment your content marketing campaigns.
This requires a two-step process:
- Automate the curation of high-quality, relevant content.
- Automate the posting of content during peak periods across multiple social channels.
We’ve discussed Buffer quite a bit in the past.
What we’ll look at today is how to optimize post scheduling.
Optimized Buffer Schedule
1. Click on any Account.
2. Click Schedule.
NOTE: Notice the scheduled post that says ‘via Quuu.’
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Try our Optimal Timing Tool.
4. Select a profile from the drop-down list.
5. Select a Number of times to post.
The ideal number of times to post will vary significantly per social platform.
The idea is to balance sharing consistently during peak engagement times without coming across as a spammer and driving your followers away.
6. Click Calculate times.
Buffer automatically calculates the optimal time for you to post, per social profile, based on follower engagement.
You can see the exact times on the left.
7. Click Replace Existing Schedule.
Buffer maxes out scheduled posts at 16.
Depending on your needs, you can adjust or add additional scheduling times on the Schedule tab.
You can see that we have manually added ten more times for posts on our Twitter account.
Quuu is our new favorite social media tool.
How It Works
Quuu is a social media curation and sharing automation service that leverages the power of Buffer to share high-quality, authoritative, hand-curated content.
Signing up is fast, easy, and, best of all, free.
Sign Up & Connect Buffer
1. Click Sign up.
2. Click Connect to Buffer.
3. Grant Quuu access to your Buffer account.
1. Login to Quuu.
2. On the left menu, click on Settings.
3. Enter your business Email Address.
4. Click the drop-down box to select the Number of Posts to Schedule.
The maximum for the free account is two posts per day.
The premium/paid account, costing $10.00 USD, allows you ten posts per day.
5. Check the box under the Profiles synced over from Buffer that you would like to post from.
6. Click Update Settings.
1. On the left menu, click on Categories.
2. Choose the Select button underneath the categories most relevant to your business niche or category types your followers engage with most.
The free version of Quuu allows you to select up to five categories.
The paid version lets you choose unlimited categories.
Check Your Quuu
1. To see the Scheduled posts that are queued up to be sent to Buffer, on the left-hand menu, click on Home.
Quuu syncs with Buffer once per day.
The posts are automatically inserted into each social profiles first available scheduled posting time.
Become A Social Influencer As A Quuurator
While consistently sharing high-quality content to your followers will help establish trust, and help turn your brand into a go-to source for information, it can only take you so far.
You must have the ability to get your content shared by other social influence powerhouses that routinely share content relevant to your industry.
One of the primary advantages of using Quuu, as well as a distinguishing factor that sets it apart from all of its competition, is that the articles are all hand-curated by actual people, not machines.
The individuals that provide this service are called Quuurators (curators).
You cannot pay to become a Quuurator.
You must fill out an application for review before being accepted on a trial basis, which still does not qualify you.
You must then prove that you have what it takes to create the kind of original, epic content that Quuu’s members expect to be fed into their Buffer queues by submitting your content for review and potential addition to Quuu’s members Buffer accounts.
Only then, after submitting an undisclosed number of links that are manually reviewed and approved by the Quuu support team, will you be notified that your status has been updated to Quuurator.
Fill Out The Application
The application process is simple.
1. Click on the Quuurator tab on the home page.
2. Click Apply.
3. Click Start.
4. Select at least one type of content.
We chose Articles.
The rest of the application process will be specific to that.
5. Click Ok.
6. Enter links to your best articles/content.
7. Click Ok.
8. Enter your Email.
9. Click Ok.
10. Click Send.
Create & Submit High-Quality Content
If you application is approved, you will receive an email with a link to post manually moderated links on Quuu.
This is the test to see if you have the ability to identify and share high-quality content, so make sure only to share your very best.
NOTE: Though there is no particular rule preventing you from doing so — only share links to your content, not someone else’s. The idea here is to establish your brand as an influencer with your content.
You can manually submit content for, between $2 – $10 USD, depending on the amount of reach you want, for 1-month.
NOTE: The provided content is manually moderated to ensure relevance and quality.
To manually submit links:
1. Click on Promote your Content.
2. Select the Pricing.
NOTE: Pricing is per link, per month.
3. Click Promote Now.
4. On the new window/tab, click Promote.
5. Enter the URL of the article.
6. Select a relevant interest category.
These are the same categories that user select to curate and post to their Buffer account.
7. Enter your email address.
8. Click Ok.
9. Enter your Twitter username.
10. Read the terms and, if you agree, click Continue.
NOTE: Read the terms carefully. Your card will be charged upfront. The submitted link will be manually moderated and approved or rejected. If it is denied, you will receive an immediate refund.
11. Enter your Credit or Debit Card number.
Regardless of whether you choose to apply to be a Quuurator, or you manually submit your content for approval — if accepted, the benefits should be immediately apparent.
Quuu isn’t our favorite new social media tool for nothing.
What We Loved
- The product is nearly flawless, and the pricing, for the quantity and quality of reach provided, can’t be beaten.
- All of the content is hand-curated by approved Quuurators, not a search engine, and moderated by a person, not a machine.
- Quuu keeps your Buffer queue filled, even when you don’t have time to curate your content, ensuring that your social profiles remain active.
- The opportunity to become a Quuurator is more than worth the effort.
- The social reach, trust, and authority that Quuu has helped us attain in a few, short weeks has been astonishing, and articles, thought long-dead, have been resurrected into real evergreen content – many for the first time.
- In addition to the manual moderation, Quuu allows any user to leverage the features in Buffer to delete, edit, and reschedule posts, ensuring that all content coming from Quuu meets the quality assurance expectations of businesses, marketers, and influencers.
- Reading between the lines – it is obvious that Quuurator status can be revoked at any time for inactivity or consistently sharing poor-quality/spammy content.
What We Would Like To See In The Future
Quuu is one of the few startups that we have seen that did not sacrifice service quality for feature sets.
That said, there is some additional functionality that we would like to see added in the future.
- Reporting & Analytics – Detailed information about per platform sharing counts, category performance breakdown, routine reporting regarding top-level and consistent influencers sharing content, etc.
- Influencer Outreach – Something along the lines of BuzzSumo within the analytics/reporting that would allow you to connect with influencers consistently sharing your content.
- Gamification – Leaderboards and rewarding high-performing Quuuarators/Premium members.
- Pricing – Reseller/Agency accounts and pricing.
- Social influence marketing is a rapidly emerging way for companies to maximize the reach of their social media marketing campaigns.
- Long term, it is more cost-effective to develop your brand’s social presence as an authoritative influencer in your niche.
- Growing trust and influence requires a brand to consistently curate quality content and outside influencer relationships.
- Much of the time needed to manage this type of outreach can be automated with the right tools and services.
- Quuu, combined with Buffer, provides organizations with the ability to develop their brand into a go-to source for industry news and information while simultaneously increasing the reach of their content marketing campaigns.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of social media influencer marketing, contact us today!